Monday, April 5, 2010

A papercutting and a story…

Did you all have a great Easter? We DID!! We were able to spend it with family after many years of staying home. It was wonderful – great food, great weather, great times, great memories!!

I recently cut another cutting from Cindy -

071

And here is the story…

As I’ve said before my daughter Abby has “developmental delays”. As you might imagine, this wasn’t an easy thing to accept. For quite a while my feelings would swing wildly between “this is just the way she is and she’s wonderful” to utter confusion and sadness that I couldn’t “make her better”. It’s leveled off tremendously in these later years to “she’s wonderful just the way she is.” It’s a process…anyways, after Abby was born my sisters started to have children. One boy after another…I too had two more children…both boys. And while rejoicing in all those little bundles of energy some were really hoping for a girl…one of my sisters and I were talking and she wondered aloud why no girls had been born since Abby. I said “I think that is God’s way of maybe protecting me…he knows it would be really hard for me.”  She then said “Get OVER it – we want a girl!” And after thinking about it…I realized I WAS over it. And guess what? The next baby born was a GIRL! I can’t even begin to explain my feelings on this one…all I can say is that as I held her I was amazed at the love that was pouring from my body. I was so thankful to God that all I felt was love. This little girl has my heart. Now, I’m not claiming that all those awesome little boys were born just because of me and my feelings (and there were a lot of boys) – cause I don’t have that kind of power – hehe. This is just how everything worked out – everything for God’s reason. And even if you’re not supposed to…if you are me…you’re always looking for a reason…cause why else would Abby be as Abby is if not for some special purpose? Well, last week I was privileged to look after my little niece for a few days. It was a JOY! SHE is a joy! My floors didn’t get swept, my carpets weren’t vacuumed, crafting? HA – not a chance, and I didn’t even get a chance to take a shower… she is THAT busy…but it was so much fun to just love her for a few days…

025

Here is Abby giving her a kiss…

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love it and lovey is so sweet. Abby is the icing in the cake though, I love her dearly. Thank you Kim for sharing your family with me. They are all very special and you are my true friend.
Take care and have a great day.

yonca said...

How cute she is! Lol, love her dress:)

Unknown said...

Oh Kim...you state it well. We all went through the, "WHY?" You, obviously more than the rest of us...Abby is a joy! We love her dearly :) I sure hope it wasn't me who said, "Get over it?" If I did, whoa...didn't mean it like that! After 8 little boys we were due for a girl. Now, to get her to be nice and NOT spoiled! HA!!! I DO think it was God's way of protecting you...God works in mysterious ways! The little boys are a lot of fun too!! Thanks for sharing...love the pic of Abby and Julia! :) slw

Melissa said...

Beautiful insight and thanks for you heart to share it...

Brownie Recipes said...

Thanks greatt blog

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative