Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chandelier



So. . . I got this chandelier out of a garbage can. I asked my sister if she wanted it. I thought it would be ADORABLE in her daughter's room. She politely declined the offer. I didn't know what to do with it but while brainstorming, my friend Julie said it would look pretty in my upstairs stairwell. Boy was she right. My tall friend came over and hung it up for me yesterday. It is awesome. sigh. I spent about four hours cleaning it - and it just sparkles. The pictures don't do it justice. I have to buy some bulbs for it - I'm leaning towards some dimmable CFL's. (I haven't been to "town" lately to buy anything).

I am so glad I spoke up when my friends were renovating their house. It just proves that one person's trash is another person's treasure. While I couldn't imagine throwing this chandelier away - they couldn't imagine having it hang in their house! ha ha! Don't throw stuff away that someone else can use!! Ask me - I'll probably take it! hee hee. And, speak up if you like something. Just because you think it's wonderful - the owner might just think of it as trash.

PS: I know I have to repaint the ceiling . . . again!

No comments:

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative