Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fire!!! Sprouts!!


What a morning. This is the scene we woke up to. It was scary. The fire is actually behind the house in the picture. A warehouse burned to the ground. Thankfully nobody lived there. When I opened my door I could hear the crackling and roar of the fire. I called my husband over to see (he's on the adjoining town's fire department) and called 911. I wasn't the first one to call - the fire department was already on it's way. I have never seen a structure fire up close like that before, I even wondered if my eyes were playing tricks on me. It was about 6:30 AM, maybe a little before that we noticed it. Fire is so powerful - makes me think of all the people in Australia right now. You're in my prayers.

On a lighter note - I have sprouts. I couldn't find Geranium seeds anywhere. Next year I will plan ahead and order some but ran out of time this year. They take a LONG time. So, I planted spinach. We all like spinach and it is a quick crop. I planted these seeds on Monday I think and here we are! Now, how often should I open the plastic covering? Mom? Help!

No comments:

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative