Monday, April 20, 2009

Embroidered Curtain Tie-backs



Well, one tie-back done. Well, almost done. I am going to ask my mom for some advice and maybe she'll sew it for me? I want pointy ends and some sort of trim peaking out on the edges. We'll see what she comes up with. This took quite a while and I was a bit sick of it by the end. I'm going to make a matching one but it will be a different pattern - same colors though. My blog posting will be a bit slower in the summer. We have spent a couple days outside doing yard work and my body is sore. Yard work really puts housework back into perspective. (House work is much easier!) Hopefully I'll come up with some good outdoor crafts - cause our yard needs work! I am going to try to introduce some color out there because it is all brown. Brown fence, brown dirt, brown shed, brown house and garage, brown tree trunks. . . The kids are a bit bigger now and can, hopefully?, respect the work that goes into a yard. For those of you that don't know - my boys are hole diggers. Man sized holes. And we let them. They dug holes all over the yard and had a great time doing it. Kept them and their friends busy and happy and why not? I think the hole-digging days are gone. Actually makes me kind of sad.
Anyways, I got this clock at a garage sale over the weekend. (The tall one - it's 25" high - not the one hanging on the wall) Payed a whole $2.00 for it. Anyone know anything about it? If it isn't worth anything I'll be painting it. Gotta paint everything ya know - but then you can change your colors so easily!!

No comments:

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative