Monday, May 4, 2009

String Bag

Do you ever get an idea in your head and it just never goes away? That is what happened here. I saw this string bag on a website that I can’t even remember now and the idea of it stuck in my head. So I had to make one over the weekend. Really this took less than a half an hour. No pattern was used – just simple straight line sewing. I got a little fancy and added a gusset to the bottom. That was way easier than I imagined. (The string is pulled through eyelets) This also gives you a sneak peak under the counter curtain. This is behind what is the bank of drawers on the other side. Not a whole lot of room depth wise – but perfect for this! If it was something that I’d be looking at every day I maybe would have fancied it up a little – but it will just be hidden – good excuse to keep it simple.

 DSC05336(1)

Here is how it is hanging under the counter by using cup hooks. I love cup hooks.

DSC05337

2 comments:

Julie said...

Gonna make me one now? Just big enough for one ball of string. :o) I think this was a great idea, keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

Now, what do you have in that bag???? slw

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative