Friday, June 12, 2009

Little Purse From a Fat Quarter

A while ago I saw this tutorial for the Buttercup Purse at Made by Rae for the cutest little purse made from a fat quarter. (One fat quarter outside and one inside) It has the cutest little pleats and rounded bottom - I thought it was worth a try – here it is!!

DSC05594

Isn’t it cute! Here is a close-up of the special stitching from my sewing machine. The outside fabric is from Moda and the inside is a lime green from my stash.

DSC05591

Next time I might use a little interfacing in the yolk/placket  (?) at the top to make it a little stiffer – fun, fun, fun!!!

2 comments:

BJ Scott said...

How did I miss commenting on this? Don't know... but LOVE the bag, super cute!

Anonymous said...

You make the cutest bags! I love this one too. My 2nd favorite after the toile....Ona

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative