Monday, July 20, 2009

Hot Curling Iron Pouch Tutorial

I don’t curl my hair all that often so having the curling iron living on the bathroom counter is a real drag. However, when I do curl my hair I almost always forget to put away the curling iron because I just can’t put it away when it is hot. So this is what I came up with. I made this pouch that I made a tutorial for before – but lined it with the silver fabric you’d put over an ironing board. (Keep your eyes open at thrift stores and yard sales – I’ve gotten them there a few times now). Instead of making a shorter, envelop shaped pouch – I made a long narrow pouch. Works great! And I haven’t burned the house down just because I wanted to curl my hair!

DSC05826

Above is a picture of the fabric “sandwich”. It is the pretty outside fabric and the silver ironing board fabric – right sides together – then a layer of batting.

DSC05837 DSC05836

2 comments:

Barbie Chiu said...

Success is a choice not a dream. So, work hard for it and always be open-minded. Visit my site for more information. Have a good day and keep on moving forward for that success.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Silvia Jacinto said...

Life is a battle, if you don't know how to defend yourself then you'll end up being a loser. So, better take any challenges as your stepping stone to become a better person. Have fun, explore and make a lot of memories.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip