Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The letter “G”

We all know I like the letter G. I picture a wall display of G’s. Anyways, I simply bought a paper mache letter G and covered it with paper. Enough said . . . but, if you haven’t tried paper crafts before –this would be a great place to start. The letter G was about $2.00. The paper was 3 for $1.00 at the dollar store. The glue stick I had on hand. First, glue up the front of your letter – apply paper and rub out any air bubbles - let it dry and then trim away the excess. (I used a craft knife)

blogphotos, g5 008

Picture of the back side of the letter – what it looked like before papering.

blogphotos, g5 012

Then I cut 1” strips and did the same thing to the sides. It was pretty just like that. But I can’t leave anything alone – so I “aged the edges”, stamped the swirly design, and glittered the centers of the flowers. But, honestly – none of that needed to be done. Really all that was needed for a very pretty letter was the paper, letter, and a glue stick!

blogphotos, g5 010

1 comment:

Julie said...

I saw this in person guys and it's really neat looking. Kim does such a great job. I also like the "G" idea, maybe gotta work on "R's".

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative