Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Got my MOJO back!

Do you ever have those days when you try to craft and your glitter won’t stick to your glue? Well, I not only had one of those days I had one of those weekends!! I couldn’t muster up any enthusiasm on Saturday to craft and when I tried on Sunday the glitter wouldn’t stick to the glue. How does that happen? I’d try different things and nothing was working out. I wanted to cut more glass to make some of these ornaments – look -

blogphotos 006

And…the glass cracked…not on the line I had scored. I ended up with some irregular pieces. Well – I wasn’t getting any nice rectangles out of that mess. But as I looked at the pieces I noticed some triangular shapes and my brain said Christmas tree – duh! So this is what I came up with -

blogphotos 008

Again – glitter is the WORST to photograph. Here is a bigger one almost ready to be soldered -

blogphotos 010

I’m going to my friend Julie’s later in the week for some sparkly yellow Swarovski crystals to adorn the tops. So far I’ve made these in medium ornament size, large ornament size, and a couple pendants. They sparkle!! I have to be careful in my craft room these days though – with one careless move I’m in danger of getting glittered and/or stepping on a shard of glass. Crafting ain’t for sissies!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

These are beautiful!!! I love each thing you are making and working on. Keep up the great work Kim!!

Anonymous said...

They are all awesome! Good job! Shanna

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative