Thursday, February 4, 2010

Progress…

I moved the all the canning jars and the shelf. Uff da. That really was a workout. The wall behind the shelf is drywall and quite a while back I taped and spackled it – so today I hope to sand it…maybe add a coat of primer if the sanding comes out well.

So I needed a little treat after all that lifting and bending and carrying! I cut this out on my scroll saw, painted it, modge podged paper on it, stamped and embossed it, and put another clear coat of modge podge on. Ta da!

blogphotos 002

It’s a reddish/pinkish paper – still wishing for sunlight…

Anyways, I got the pattern from Victorian Quilt Designs this “love” was designed to be an appliquĂ© and is part of a block-of-the-month series. Can’t wait to see what is next!

4 comments:

Julie said...

That is so cool. You always do such a terrific job. I'm just going to have to go pratice and see what I can come up with.
Keep up the great work Kim. Don't wear yourself out on doing the basement, take a break now and then.
Talk with you in the morning.

cindi said...

I'm proud of you...you haven't stopped on your de-cluttering resolution. Good job. And the "love" is gorgeous. You always come up with the cutest things.

Mod Podge Amy said...

Very cute! I love.

Anonymous said...

very cute! I love it! Can't wait to come cut more this weekend....check out your gmail...I sent a pic of an outhouse.

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip