Friday, January 28, 2011

TGIF!

shot_1296227373121

My camera batteries didn’t last long enough to take the above picture so I took it with my phone…this is a shelf in my kitchen that I’ve decided to decorate seasonally. As you can see, I finished both quilled hearts and the “love” blocks. I ended up outlining the letters with cinnamon stickles. LOVE stickles! If I think of it I’ll take better pictures later…but that usually never happens!

003

I’ve been sick for this entire week…it is just pitiful. Not only that but I babysat for three days this week. The little girl I babysat is about 2 and a half and a delight. She loved to color and paint so I got to too. We had a good time together and I made these owls. Watercolors are tricky to work with…but addictive at the same time…you can’t really plan how something is going to turn out. You can make the same thing over and over again and it will be different each time. At least that’s how it works for me.

Today and this weekend I have to focus on cleaning the house. yay. I have laundry piled as high as my head to take care of and clutter everywhere. When mom is ill the house explodes!!! I’ve been doing some token cleaning here and there but I used most of my energy entertaining my little charge…little ones are so funny…and busy!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative