Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Embroidered curtain tie-backs

Here is what I've gotten done so far. As I've said I have only very basic embroidery skills - but I'm happy enough so far. This is a good practice piece! What do you think of adding some beading? Maybe in the yellow area? The little red thingy you see in the photo is a needle threader. If you don't have one - get one! One tip I read is that you aren't supposed to lick your thread to thread your needle because the dye can then bleed onto the fabric. I just use the needle threader because it is soooooooo much easier! My tip is to have several needles threaded so you don't have to start and stop all the time. Well, now it is back to cleaning the house - I just can't wait for evening though - that's when I do the busy handwork. Have fun crafting!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! Can't wait to see them. You are truly talented. Love mom

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative