Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New appliqué

I got this kit at a garage sale – what can’t you find at a good yard sale? The pattern came with the fabric and templates. Anyways, it looked a little bare so I got out the embroidery floss and added the outlining in a stem stitch around the leaves and a blanket stitch around the tree, and then added the owl. I think it needs something else – my son, Gabe, suggested a squirrel and nut at the base of the tree so if I get time today that is what I’m going to do.  Can you think of anything else???? I’m having fun!! It will be a wall hanging when it’s all done, so won’t get much wear at all.  I think when I’m all done I’ll do it again in summer colors with butterflies and birds – sew much to do – so little time!!  PS: I got the owl pattern via here – Thank you!!

002owl

No comments:

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative