Thursday, March 11, 2010

More wooden stuff and…

You’ve got to read to the end of this post because there’s a lot of info here but it is soooo worth it – I promise! First I want to show you what came to me from Chronicle Books!

Animal Greetings Mix & Match Stationery

This is just too cute – I absolutely LOVE the dark, bright (really, it makes sense “dark/bright”– you just have to see it) colors used in this stationery set. These colors are VIBRANT and RICH! And the envelopes are just as great as the stationery itself. I just adore a kitschy envelope!

From My Garden Eco-Keepsake Notecards

This is an awesome set of note cards. Each picture is soooo unique and really a work of art by itself. I also really love that they are printed on 100% recycled paper and with soy-based inks. The artist is Clare Rojas and I also received this journal…

Floriography Journal

This is a to-die-for journal! It is fabric covered and interspersed are folk-art drawings also by Clare Rojas. It is really something special. sigh.

Why am I showing these to you? Is it to make you jealous? No…it is because I am including them in my give-a-way to be announced tomorrow!!! So far we are up to almost $40.00 in awesomeness! I’m doing this because I am a firm believer in paying it forward. I recently won a wonderful give-a-way at Tally’s Place and I’ve had so many blessings lately that I want to spread the joy around and make someone else happy. I tell ya I am VERY happy right now – my wonderful hubbie brought home an Elna serger for me today!!! It is my birthday present from last August…I wanted to wait until I found a good used machine. This machine thrills me and terrifies me equally…

Now for the wooden stuff – I made these birds –

079

I need to make them into a mobile but have run out of time – I have a real love/hate relationship with fishing line…it’s gonna take a while to tie them together evenly…so for now I just used wire. They each have a fishing line swivel so they all spin independently. I’ve been reading over and over again that turquoise is the “hot” color for 2010 so I thought I’d give it a try. Here is the pattern…

 

img021

Info – I printed one bird pattern out actual size, one bird was enlarged 120%, and the third was enlarged 140%. They were cut out of 1/4” plywood. These would be equally cute cut out of paper…I just happen to be on a scroll saw kick lately.

Till tomorrow! Happy Crafting!!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Someone will be very lucky to win your drawing. I will post it on my blogs and send you the other things we talked about.
Good luck everyone.
Have a great afternoon.

Cindi said...

I so want to win this giveaway, but someone might think it was riggd if I do. Turquoise is hot! The birds are adorable and I think the color is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm here from Julie's blog- HOW do you girls make such amazing stuff? I love it. I remember looking at the cookies and paper holder on Julie's blog- loved them- made me hungry :(

The journal made me WANT it- so bad!

Unknown said...

so cute!i love the color!

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative