This is what I’m currently working on:
Can you tell what it is? I’ll give you a hint – it’s backed by plastic canvas. I’ll let you in on the secret when I finish. When I showed this to hubbie he got the most confused look on his face!!! hehe. This is an idea that has been brewing in my head for a long, long time. Now I just can’t wait to finish!
In other crafty news yesterday the kids and I went to Julie’s end of the summer party and had a blast! You can read more about it here. Here is a picture of one thing I made at the party:
And last but not least I’m going to give you a cleaning tip. I am just too cheap to buy those disposable wipes like the Clorox wipes. So, I’ve started making my own. Here’s how:
- Cut a roll of good paper towels in half. (An electric bread knife makes it EASY – otherwise use a serrated knife.)
- Put one half away for next time and the other half into a close-fitting container with a lid. A Folgers's coffee container is perfect!
- Add about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of your favorite all purpose cleaner.
- Add about 1 cup of water.
- Let it sit until the paper towels have soaked up all the liquid and remove the cardboard core from the paper towels and discard it.
- You now pull them out from the center and clean, clean, clean!!!
I’ve been using mine for several weeks and LOVE them. Since it takes hot water so long to reach my kitchen sink these are just the thing to wipe down the counters. It’s a great way to get the kids to clean too. Just say “Take a wipe and wipe down the table”…etc…