Monday, November 15, 2010

More needle felting and wood cutting…

My hubbie is the best hubbie in the whole world!!! He came home with this book for me on Friday!

Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Fuzzy Felted Friends

I had so much fun looking at the pictures and reading about needle felting. The book is written by a Japanese needle felter, and has been translated and published in the US by Chronicle Books. (Geez I LOVE the books Chronicle books publishes…click the picture to get to the site.) There are so many cute little things to make that I had a hard time picking something to start with, but finally chose these little mice.

002 

They were pretty darn easy to make…and they make great pincushions…the natural oils from the wool keeps the pins from rusting. I thought the directions in the book were clear and easy to understand. These mice are also just cute and fun…gotta have cute and fun in our lives.

Then I cut out a couple more moose? reindeer? with my scroll saw. This time they are about 6 1/2 inches tall. I’ve been using all my scrap wood and while it’s great to save money and make my stash smaller, it’s a bummer that a lot of the wood was in the scrap pile because it’s either dirty or warped. So…I have to paint this guy. I’m thinking a nice whitewash? That way we still have the wood grain but it is cleaner looking…

005

And I went to the bazaar at my church on Saturday. It opened at 8:30 AM. I got there at about 8:36 AM. I couldn’t find a place to park! The place was packed!!!! We had made (and I use “we” loosely here) some wreaths and all but one had a sold sign on it – by 8:36!!!! The leather brooches I made were almost half gone – and stuff was flying off the shelves. I bought a very nice apron and an ornament. My son bought Christmas gifts in the kid’s gift room. I saw some of what he picked out – he’s so excited. I’ll find out this week what of mine didn’t sell and then I can bring it home.  It was really thrilling to be a part of the bazaar.

Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

One Pretty Thing

Craft Gossip

The Girl Creative